Workshop: Designing Low Voltage Installations With a Focus on Renewable Integration, Safety and Construction
We are pleased to announce the 2023 two day workshop to be held on the Adelaide Plains traditional country of the Kaurna people.
The workshop aims at providing an overview of the process fundamentals of low voltage installation design, and electrical safety (including correctly sizing cables, protective devices and containment). This is complemented by presentations on renewable energy and arc flash integration. Each topic will cover the design steps, relevant Australian Standards, and provide insights into common design errors and considerations when conducting construction inspections.
This workshop is ideal for electrical engineers and/or contractors, managers, and services engineers in the construction industry looking to bridge their technical and practical knowledge. Click here to download the workshop brochure.
Workshop facilitator Alex Gregory, Principal Electrical engineer at AECOM, Lecturer - EIT - will be facilitating this two day workshop with guest presenters Dr Yuanyuan Fan and Deepak Pais.
Content to be covered
- Introduction to AS/NZS 3000 design
- Understanding the electrical design process
- Cable and containment selection
- Renewable integration and associated challenges
- Electrical switchboard design and installation
- Electrical safety, arc flash
- Protective devices & coordination
- Earthing systems
Benefits of attending
- A great opportunity to upskill and gain an insight into a variation of electrical engineering subjects
- Gain a broad understanding of electrical engineering
- Learn from case studies of before and after installations
- Build relationships with like minded colleagues
- Hear from industry experts on the latest technology and information surrounding renewable integration and associated challenges
- All attendees will receive a certificate of attendance
- You will also receive a 50% discount on any of the Engineering Institute of Technology’s Professional Certificate of Competency course* worth AU$1,437. You can learn more here:-https://www.eit.edu.au/course-types/professional-certificate/ *Available for one course and must be enrolled into an intake before the end of 2023.
To download a copy of the workshop program click here
Certificate of Attendance
All attendees will receive a certificate of attendance for their participation.
|Event End Date||31/03/2023|
|Cut off date||29/03/2023|
|Location||Crowne Plaza Adelaide|