Earthing Conference UK - Birmingham, UK
This is a two day conference, finishing with an afternoon workshop on day two presented by Stephen Palmer.
Few topics generate as much controversy and debate as that of earthing and the associated topics of bonding, grounding, surge protection, shielding and lightning protection of electrical and electronic systems. Poor earthing practices can be the cause of continual and intermittent difficult-to-diagnose problems in a facility. This conference will explore these issues from a fresh yet practical perspective to help delegates reduce expensive downtime in their plant and/or equipment by identifying the correct application of these principles.
The aim of this conference is to demystify the subject of earthing and present the subject in a clear, straightforward manner. Earthing as a subject has been under-represented over the years and this event will attempt to remedy the gaps in technical knowledge and improve practices in the industry. The UK & Europe need a unified practical approach to earthing which can be commonly understood and widely applied.
INTERNATIONAL KEYNOTE SPEAKER:
Stephen Palmer - Director - Safearth Consulting
- Managing Director at Safearth
- Originally Australia’s leading earthing specialists, but now a true international business
- Committee Member for IEEE Std80, Std81, Std 837, Std 998, Std 1268 & Std 1246
- Convenor of the International CIGRE Working Group B3.54
- Secretary of the CIGRE & CIRED Joint Working Group B3.35 who produced TB 749
Conference topics include:
- Optimising Earthing System Design and Management
- Earthing Rural Substations - Why There is No Such Thing as a Standard Earthing Design!
- HV and LV Earthing Requirements for HV Substations
- Assessing the earthing grids on solar farms using current injection techniques
- Analysis of Earthing Grids in Multilayer Soils at High Frequencies
- Complex Earth Fault Current Distribution at Co-Located, Interconnected Sites
- Some theory, and stories, about earthing, lightning and cable armour currents
- A decade without fault: reimagining telecommunications earthing
- Safety in Underground High Voltage Power Lines Ancillary Facilities
- Workshop: Earthing System Measurement – Traditional practices, modern techniques, real experience and practical advice
- Earthing for Power Systems - Design, Bonding, Installation, Testing, Surge Protection, Lightning, Standards & Regulations and Mitigations.
Date: 25th & 26th May 2022
Venue: Park Regis Birmingham, 160 Broad Street B15 1DT
Your conference ticket includes:
- Two days, with full day catering and refreshments on both days
- Networking drinks at the end of day one
- Delegate bag with printed conference manual / papers
- Access to network with sponsors, exhibitors and speakers throughout the conference breaks
- A copy of the presentations & papers will be emailed out in PDF form post conference
Register online or email your registration form to
DISCOUNTS – We are offering a 10% off early bird discount until April 27th 2022 (SAVE £75 per person) plus a 3 for 2 offer - register 3 delegates and only pay for 2 (SAVE to £750). Discounts are applied at online check-out.
ACCOMMODATION SPECIAL- The Park Regis Birmingham is offerring all delegates 15% off the best bed & breakfast rate. Please book via their website and use the code 'CORPORATE'.
Call For Speakers:
We have limited speaking positions still available to present a technical topic, or host a panel discussion at this conference. For more information on what is required to present, please view the call for papers HERE or contact Emma Cameron
Proudly Sponsored By:
Director, Safearth Consulting
Managing Director, SPE Electrical Ltd
Senior Design Engineer, Freedom Electrical Design Services
Managing Director, Horan Power Engineering Ltd
Technical Director, Electrotechnik
Dr Matthew Taylor
Principal Engineer/Managing Director, Earthing Risk Management
Director, Power Engineering Consultants Plc
Communications Director, Earthing Services UK Ltd
Technical Director, Earthing Services UK Ltd
Senior Electrical Engineer, Arcadis Consulting (UK) Limited
Consultant & Electrical Engineer, Hoare Lea
Dr. Bill Carman
Director, Bill Carman Consulting
Engineering Consultant, PSE 2 Consulting