3rd Arc Flash & Isolation Safety Conference - Manchester, UK
The objective of this conference is to provide you with the latest developments and best practice to deal with arc flash hazards and isolation safety issues. You will have a chance to discuss your electrical issues with our speakers, and gain practical applications to improve arc flash and isolation safety in your workplace. The focus throughout is on the experiences of end users. The conference will be attended by those who are interested in technical solutions to their arc flash and isolation issues, industry trends, standards developments and new techniques to handle existing electrical safety threats.
INTERNATIONAL KEYNOTE SPEAKER:
Jim Pollard - Arc Flash Expert, Arc-Rated PPE, Unlimited PPE Inc.
Jim’s goal is to save lives by helping companies be compliant with Arc Flash and Electrical Safety. He believes every workplace electrical fatality was preventable. He is passionate about providing specialised solutions for arc flash and shock compliance adhering with all relevant acts, codes, regulations and applicable best practice Standards. As a subject matter expert on arc flash personal protective equipment (PPE) Jim’s experience and technical knowledge has been tapped by technical committees in Canada and the USA including CSA Z462, ASTM F18.15, CAN/ULC-S801, CSC/IEC/TC78 and ULC Live Working.
Technical topics include:
- The human factor in electrical safety – ways to reduce error and improve performance
- Arc flash risk assessment from a UK Perspective - what’s new?
- Building and implementing a flame resistant/arc-rated (FR/AR) program for arc flash hazard
- Arc flash in the maritime industry - case study of arc flash hazard and mitigation through system design on a new build vessel
- Internal arc classification according to IEC 62271-200
- How to make LV switchgear assemblies safer according to IEC 61439
- Gaps in electrical training and the safety implications of this related to arc flash
- Arc flash PPE - do you or don't you need it?
- Arc flash risk assessments – A case study from Sweden´s largest nuclear power plant
- The anatomy of arc flash PPE
- IEEE 1584 Guide for Performing Arc Flash Hazard Calculations – an overview of the changes and how they affect you
- Three case studies looking at the practicality of arc flash risk assessment in the workplace
- Selection of PPE – practical experience of different arc assessment methods and their comparison
- Duty holder responsibility - legal responsibility around electrical maintenance and compliance with the Electricity at Work Regulations
Download the full event brochure HERE. Register online below or email your registration form to
DISCOUNTS – We are offering a 10% off early bird discount until April 23rd (SAVE £75 per person) plus a 3 for 2 offer - register 3 delegates and only pay for 2 (SAVE to £750). Discounts are applied at online check-out.
Proudly Sponsored By:
|Event End Date||22/05/2019|
|Cut off date||31/05/2019|
|Fixed group price||£1,500.00|
|Location||Marriott Manchester - Victoria & Albert Hotel|