Low Voltage Conference - Sydney
5th Australian Low Voltage Conference - Overview
The highly anticipated 5th Australian Low Voltage Conference is scheduled to take place in Sydney on the 20th and 21st of September. This event is to be held at the Novotel Darling Square, Sydney.
The conference will review the AS/NZS 3000:2018 standard, also known as the Australia-New Zealand Wiring Rules and the recent release of Amendment 3 in May 2023. Demonstrated by Australian case studies, discussions will centre around the application of the standard, the latest amendments and their impact on the industry. For installations falling within the scope of this standard, adherence to its provisions is mandatory. Engineers involved in electrical system planning, design, installation, and maintenance must possess a clear understanding of the various requirements specified within the standard.
In addition to addressing the AS/NZS 3000:2018 standard, the conference will provide invaluable insights into the latest developments and best practices concerning arc flash hazards and isolation safety issues. Contrary to common misconceptions, arc flash risks are not limited to high voltage equipment. In some cases, low voltage systems can possess higher arc flash energy levels due to longer fault clearing times associated with high prospective energy level faults.
This event aims to foster a safer working environment by promoting awareness, compliance, and the adoption of best practices in the field of electrical installations.
Matthew Bale (Top rated presenter of 2018 Low Voltage Conference)
Who should attend?
• Chief Electrical Engineers
• Compliance Engineers
• Electricians and Electrical Technicians
• Control Systems and Instrumentation Engineers
• Design and Project Engineers
• Electrical Draftsman and Project Supervisors
• Electrical Superintendents
• Consulting Engineers
• Engineering and Safety Managers
• Field Engineers
• Government Safety Regulators and Inspectors
• Maintenance Engineers and Technicians
• Maintenance Supervisors and Specialists
• Manufacturers of PPE & Safety Equipment
• Process Control Engineers
• Process Safety and Loss Prevention Managers
• Risk Assessors
• Tradespersons working in potentially explosive areas
What you will gain from attending:
• New approaches to achieve a compliant and electrically safe work place
• Practical solutions to your low voltage design and installation issues
• An understanding of the May 2023 amendments to AS/NZS 3000: 2018 and how it impacts the industry
• An in-depth understanding of the latest revision to AS/NZS 4836 2022 and its arc flash implications
• An understanding the requirements outlined in AS/NZS 3000:2018 and AS 1768:2021 for surge protection in Australia
• An in-depth understanding of indirect electric shock risks in aquatic environments
• Valuable insights into the effects of electric and magnetic fields on cabling and motors
• Strategies to apply Human and Organisation Performance (HOP) Principles to low voltage electrical work activities
• Best practice for industrial grid-connected solar PV system design
• Strategies and best practice for designing electrical systems that prioritise safety
• Insights from real-world experiences shared by industry experts
• Networking opportunities with your peers and specialists in the field
Are you a vendor working in low voltage, electrical safety and arc flash safety? This conference will provide you with the opportunity to build your business network of engineering and technical professionals. It will give you the mechanism to increase your turnover through access to a clearly defined target market. Why waste valuable marketing resources trying to reach the right people, when they will be at your fingertips?
For more information on sponsorship opportunities download the Conference Prospectus.
|Event End Date||21/09/2023|
|Cut off date||17/09/2023|
|Location||Novotel Sydney Darling Square|