Hydrogen Safety & Hazardous Areas Conference - Perth
Hydrogen Safety & Hazardous Areas Conference, Perth
to be held on Whadjak Country- Perth Western Australia.
The Hydrogen Safety & Hazardous Areas conference is a practical and informative platform to showcase best practice, new technologies, and the current standards and regulations for the use of hydrogen and for hazardous areas. It is an opportunity to be part of this rapid global move to renewables, where knowledge and safety are the focus.
The conference will concentrate on hydrogen and its cryogenic properties which require additional engineering controls and understanding to ensure its safe use. Hydrogen production, processing, transportation and utilisation will be covered, alongside stakeholder safety, equipment damage prevention, and environmental protection. The public’s positive perception of hydrogen as a viable, safe, and clean alternative to conventional energy systems is necessary for the successful commercialisation of these developing technologies. To this end adept management in this potentially hazardous industry is critical.
Keynote Speaker - Professor Peta Ashworth OAM is the Director, of the Curtin Institute for Energy Transition
Prior to joining Curtin University, Professor Ashworth was the Director of the Andrew N. Liveris Academy for Innovation and Leadership, and Chair in Sustainable Energy Futures at The University of Queensland (UQ). Professor Ashworth brings over thirty years experience working in a range of senior management, consulting, and research roles. She was Chair of the Queensland Hydrogen Taskforce and is a member of CSIRO Hydrogen Mission Advisory Board. Professor Ashworth is a globally-recognized expert in the fields of energy, communication, stakeholder engagement, and technology assessment. For almost two decades, Peta has been researching public attitudes toward climate and energy technologies, including wind, carbon capture and storage (CCS), solar photovoltaic, storage, geothermal, and hydrogen. An accomplished speaker and facilitator,
Professor Ashworth is actively involved in building energy literacy more broadly both within Australia and globally and regularly provides input to policy briefings, think tanks, as well as educational events for the benefit of the broader community.
International Keynote Speaker - Mike Marrington: IndEx - Hazardous Area Ex Professionals Operations Manager
Michael Marrington is a distinguished expert in hazardous areas (IECEx, ATEX, CompEx, EEHA, UL STP & NFPA 505 Committee Member), specializing in the application of hydrogen systems for industrial processes. With a wealth of experience encompassing a wide range of sectors, including furnaces, gas turbine generators, electrolysis, feedstock, and the groundbreaking implementation of the world's first gas hydrogen passenger ferry (The Sea Change). His extensive knowledge of hydrogen technologies, combined with a deep understanding of safety regulations and compliance requirements, while focusing on a practical approach has enabled them to successfully navigate the complex landscape of hazardous environments.
Click here to view the conference brochure.
Registrations are open for this conference. This conference will be of special interest to:
- Electrical Engineers
- Process Control Specialists
- Process Safety and Loss Prevention Managers
- Government Safety Regulators/inspectors OHS/Training Managers
- Electrical and Instrument Tradespersons
- Instrumentation and Control Engineers
- Process Plant Engineers and Technicians
- Plant Managers and Project Managers
- Chemical, Process & Mechanical Engineers
- Safety Facilitators
- Design Engineers
What to expect?
- Become familiar with innovative approaches to Hydrogen Safety & Hazardous Areas.
- Gain an understanding of the Hydrogen Industry regulations and standards.
- Learn about the latest technologies and research relating to hydrogen production.
- Hear from industry experts on the latest technology surrounding hazardous areas.
- Gain insight and an understanding of public attitudes and how Australians perceive hydrogen.
- Learn practical solutions on hydrogen blending and the associated technology and risk processors.
- An understanding of the principle 60079.10.1 - applicable to hydrogen installations & compliance.
- An update from the state regulators, on how to get your project hydrogen project approved.
- The most effective practices for hydrogen storage, transportation, usage, and industry standards.
- Awareness of WA’s new WHS Regulations.
- Learn about explosion consequences for hydrogen vessels.
- Best practice for hydrogen leakage and safety risks.
- Learn how to develop a hydrogen project from an engineer's perspective.
- Insights into addressing the risks of a hydrogen re-fuelling station.
- Networking opportunities with your peers and specialists in the field
Click here to view the conference brochure.
IDC Technologies Events & Technical Conferences is a supporting partner of the World Hydrogen Leaders.
World Hydrogen Leaders is an exclusive online and live premium content delivery and networking platform. It’s a global community of executives working in the field of hydrogen production, transportation, distribution, storage, policy, and end use applications. World Hydrogen Leaders brings together global energy decision-makers to help each other navigate and de-risk the pathway to the clean hydrogen energy transition, with the aims to: Connect like-minded executives; Share best practice and uncover solutions; and enable sector coupling to increase hydrogen investment and production, while reducing the costs.
Visit our website to find out more click here!
Your discount for WHL is now activated, please use: WHL20_IDCT - this one is for digital events, and the membership
World Hydrogen Latin America
World Hydrogen Latin America returns for its 2nd annual conference, from December 12 - 14, 2023. Bringing together over 400 hydrogen experts and professionals, World Hydrogen Latin America will explore the challenges and opportunities in the region, including policy, regulations, domestic and international offtake agreements, giga scale projects for export, and storage and distribution strategies.
Visit our website to find out more: https://www.worldhydrogenlatinamerica.com/
Your discount for WH Latin America is now activated, please use IDCT_WHLA20%. The event registration is not opened yet, so I share with you the link once it is.
Conference Video (QLD 2023)
|Event End Date||11/08/2023|
|Cut off date||11/08/2023|
|Location||Parmelia Hilton Perth|