High Voltage & Arc Flash Conference Auckland 2024
This conference is tailored for engineers, technicians and other personal involved in high voltage electrical systems across New Zealand utilities, mining, manufacturing, industrial plants and oil and gas. Participants will receive insights into the latest developments and best practices for both high voltage systems and arc flash hazards. The agenda includes discussions on design, installation, testing, maintenance, safety, assessments, standards and regulations.
Attendees will have the opportunity to hear from industry experts, engage with speakers and discuss specific challenges. The conference serves as a valuable platform for those seeking technical solutions, staying informed about industry trends, understanding standards developments, and learning new techniques to address challenges in both high-voltage systems and arc flash hazards.
After successful runs across Australia, this event is making its debut in New Zealand. Get a glimpse of the event - watch the recent High Voltage Conference video from Brisbane:
Who should attend?
- Electrical Engineers, Technicians and Electricians
- Maintenance and Asset Managers
- OH&S Professionals
- Risk Assessors & Safety Facilitators
- Substation Engineers and Technicians
- Generation and Transmission Engineers
- Renewable Energy Specialists
- Network protection and distribution engineers and technicians
Technical topics include:
• Condition Assessment HV Equipment via Oil Testing Antony Giacomin, Chemical Engineer, TJ|H2b Analytical Services Pty Ltd (AUS)
• High Voltage Testing of Generator Stators Dr Andrew Lapthorn, Senior Lecturer Above the Bar, University of Canterbury (NZ)
• PD testing of HV Assets: How often should we test? Thomas Whyte, Senior Engineer, EA Technology (AUS)
• Principals of Centralised High Voltage Generator Selection and Earthing Jason Mayer, Principal Electrical Engineer, Aurecon (AUS)
• Enhancing Safety and Reliability of Transformer Fleet Kin Yu Lam, Regional Application Engineering Leader, Power Systems, Cargill (SINGAPORE)
• Sheath Bonding Design Guide for High Voltage Cables Jayson Patrick, Technical Director, Electrotechnik (AUS)
• Bridging the Gap: From Arc Flash Assessments to Practical Implementation Mark Armstrong, Engineer, ElectroNet (NZ)
• Arc Flash Hazards in HV Contexts Ryan Hudson, Principal, BSA Power System Engineering (AU)
• Arc Flash Hazard – Practical Risk Management Mark Lockwood, Manager, Powerplan Engineers Pty Ltd (AU)
• Arc Flash Hazards Associated with using Fuses to Protect Distribution Transformers Jason Mayer, Principal Electrical Engineer, Aurecon (AU)
• Arc Flash Hazard Reduction, A SafeByDesign Approach Brad Gradwell, Executive Engineer, HUDSON McKAY (AU)
MORE TOPICS TO BE ANNONUCED!
*Early Bird registration closes 19.04.2024
Express your interest in attending:
Call for Papers
There are still available slots for presenting papers at the upcoming High Voltage & Arc Flash Conference
Join your peers in a vigorous and positive exchange of views, building your career and public profile and making a contribution to New Zealand electrical engineering practice in this vital area! IDC Technologies Conference presentations are non commercial. In particular we are seeking practical case studies, applications and the newest developments in these critical subjects. Speakers attend the event for no charge. For more information and a list of topic suggestions, download the Conference Prospectus.
To express an interest in presenting, please fill in the Expression of Interest Form and email to Conference Manager Arna Eru
Are you a vendor working in high voltage systems or arc flash safety? This conference will provide you with the opportunity to build your business network of engineering and technical professionals. It will give you the mechanism to increase your turnover through access to a clearly defined target market. Why waste valuable marketing resources trying to reach the right people, when they will be at your fingertips?
For more information on sponsorship opportunities download the Conference Prospectus.
|Event End Date
|Cut off date
|NZD1,080.00 (Until 19/04/2024 12:45)