Call for Papers: 7th Arc Flash Conference - Perth, Australia
Call for Speakers & Exhibitors
Please note at this point in time, dates are TBC. The date is likely to be 5th & 6th October or 11th & 12th October 2022.
We are looking for a number of presenters to submit an abstract and present their technical papers at this important industry event which has been created to promote best practice and help reduce the number of arc flash incidents in the Australia. We need electrical professionals who are passionate about improving the procedures of arc flash safety. We want specific examples that showcase what can be learnt in terms of actual vocational skills, planning, tools, equipment, and environment that lead to arc flash incidents (and injury) and how they may better be avoided.
What is required from you?
- A 100 word abstract, which outlines the topic you would like to present. This needs to be submitted electronically as soon as possible, to secure your place. We will review your submission, and return with confirmation if approved.
- Once your topic is approved, your technical paper and PowerPoint slides will be due six weeks prior to the event. We will send through all information outlining key dates and templates.
PRESENTING AT AN IDC EVENT - FAQ's Answered:
- All speakers receive free two day attendance to our conferences giving them a chance to discuss new technologies and developments with their peers. We will also cover daily lunch, breaks and dinner on the first evening for speakers.
- Please keep in mind IDC do not generally cover travel expenses for presenters. Only keynote or workshop speakers are paid for their contributions to the event, however we do at times consider speakers fees or covering travel on a case by case/event topic basis. Please notify us of any proposed costs with your submission for consideration.
- IDC conferences are non-commerical. We ask our speakers to offer technical information, generic technology and solutions. We do not allow our speakers to “sell” their products or services to attendees.
- A technical papers & PowerPoint presentations are requested six weeks prior to the event so they can be reviewed by our event technical advisors. Each presenter is allocated 45 minutes - 30 minutes for the actual slide presentation and for the remaining 15 minutes we request an interactive element to the presentation where speakers prepare and present an interactive session where the whole audience can participate. This can comprise of practical exercises, software exercises, case studies, equipment demos or quizzes.
- It is advised that you apply for permission from your employer to present at our events, to avoid embarrassing last minute withdrawals.
Registration for Delegates