In April 2018 IDC Events had the pleasure of running the 6th Arc Flash Conference in Perth, Australia.
The objective of this conference was to provide delegates with the latest developments and best practice to deal with arc flash hazards and electric shock in Australia. Attendees had the opportunity to discuss their arc flash issues with our presenters and learn about practical applications to improve arc flash safety in their work places. The focus throughout was on the experiences of end users and technical solutions to arc flash issues, industry trends, standards developments and new techniques to tackle existing arc flash threats.
The conference featured one half day workshop on The Anatomy of Arc Flash PPE by international keynote speaker Jim Pollard of Unlimited PPE Inc who visited from Canada plus the following topics:
- The Human Factor in Electrical Safety – Ways to reduce error and improve performance - Jim Pollard - Arc Flash Expert, Arc-Rate PPE, Unlimited PPE Inc
- IEEE 1584 – 2018, What’s Different and What’s the Impact in Australia - Brad Gradwell - Managing Director, Hudson McKay
- Arc Flash Hazard - Practical Risk Management - Matt Checksfield & Mark Lockwood – Senior Engineer, Powerplan Engineers
- Name Considerations for Selection of Arc Flash Clothing - Geoff Wynn - ARC PPE Consultant
- NFPA 70E 2018 – All About Risk Assessment! - Terry Becker - Senior Vice President, Electrical Safety Division – Danatec Educational Services
- No “Live Work” - What more can be done to protect workers? - David Stonebridge - Low Voltage Switchgear Engineer, ABB Australia
- Task & Probability Based PPE Determination - Steve King - Senior Electrical Engineer, Logicamms
- Improving Electrical Safety on WA Mine Sites - Virtual Reality (VR) Equipment Demo - Mark Splittgerber & Mark Martin - Practon Group
- Electrical Arc Flash Hazards in Mining – Case Study - Roy Zylstra, Inspector of Mines – Electrical Engineer, Resources Safety Division, Department of Mines, Industry Regulation and Safety - Government of Western Australia
- Arc Flash – EU Compliance (Something from the Pommies) - Anthony Long, Skanwear UK
- Arc Flash – It’s not just the big boards that bite! - Wayne Peters, Development Manager, Rapid Test Systems and General Manager, ATS Australian Technical Services
- Looking at the Practicality of Arc Flash Risk Assessment in the Workplace - Patrick Mynett, Director, HV Training and Consulting
A big thank you to the sponsors of the event Guardian Safety, Oberon, Redbank, Danatec Educational Services, Rapid Test Systems, Hudson McKay, Skanwear, Industrial Electrix magazine and The Engineering Institute of Technology (EIT)